A little gurl & her mummy's birthday!

| Sunday, February 8, 2009

My tummy was bad this morning.. I had a mixture of mat salleh & melayu food.. It made my tummy churn like mad!!
We attended a kenduri tahlil last evening.. the amount of food they served was.. was.. unbelievable! If you see it, surely you'll be thinking they'd gonna have at least 80 people attending it. So much left-overs.. but apparently it's the norm for them to tapau for all of their family members.
There's so much variety.. we had satay daging, chicken & the cow's stomach... & there were so many types of ulam.. the long bean, nangka, jantung pisang, ulam raja, terung rebus & a whole long list of it.. 


I loved the melt-in-mouth cheese cake thou'... & my bum is also getting larger by the inch from that =D.. It was for the little gurl, Muna & her mummy's birthday! See how lovely the cake was decorated. I'm just wondering if they did the deco on their own or was it done by 


nice.. the colours of the icing feels so Christmas.

Pulut kuning (yellow glutinous rice) as the malays call it, was decorated with half boiled eggs - which I've helped to halve. It is usually prepared during special occasions. This time around it was served together with beef rendang & it was so finger likkin' good. If it's not because of the migraine that it may cause me if taken too much - I would definitely had walloped another helping. But reminded myself of the wind that the pulut that may cost me another round of visit to the hospital, if I took too much of that stuff..


Eventually, Pak Jenon & me settled for the white rice instead. I tell you, the sambal belachan - power! Damn sedap the bibik made it.. enough blachan & chilli & limau, semuanya cukup. These malay cooking is always so yummy.. but how I wish there were also petai & tempoyak.. that would have finished me off nicely with the sambal udang... =P


We went home in a full stomach, which didn't finish digesting not even till this morning. And I am now already starting to 'chroi'.. & it stinks with a mixture of cheese cake, sambal, ulam, satay, tempe.......... adoi.. sakitnya perut!

Omg, some more got tapau from his mak'cu.. can continue eating at home!



2 comments:

Hazrey said...
February 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM

wohh.. new layout. :)

Life Spins said...
February 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM

yup.. I just found out there's so many nice templates out there.. khekeke..
testing punya testing.. crash boom bang.. macam-macam error keluar.. pastu I just stay put with this one =D