Rebuild Your Norton Motorcycles

| Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I saw vintage Norton motorcycles today!! Omg.. You can hardly see them nowadays. We accompanied Mek JAh to the repair shop at Jalan Loke Yew.. and it really caught my attention !! The Norton's being made alive!!! I was so excited & felt nostalgic all at the same time. I remembered grandpa used to have a couple of these & he was the hippest old man I ever knew.

I don't own a motorcycle neither do I know how to ride one. Being a pillion rider is ok but not on a scrambler (without it's mud guard) on a rainy day. No way! Not especially if you are wearing some white/light coloured stuff. The minute you get off that damn bike, look at the back of your top - it'll be splattered with mud & dirt.

I've also never really stepped into a motorcycle repair shop either. I mean really step-in. You know how these shops are. All you've got to do is to park your bike on the front of their shop & the inspections would be done there & then. There's no actual need to go deep into the shop..

I tell you, this old man at this particular tiny shop by the main road owns about 5 or was it 6 altogether. Man, it was like a treasure trove. Two of which belongs to the uncle, as he was addressed by the workers there. But I have all the rights to believe that he is the owner of the shop as he moves in & out freely.


Some of them were a little dusty - were actually waiting in line to be rebuilt. They are some real sturdy bikes & the design of it still looks so damn amazing. The current scrambler we have today actually resembles the Manx.. which I did not realize until I saw some pictures of it. It was so amazing! I don't have one to show you but you can always drop by the norton owners club page to check it out for yourselves.


Some of these are waiting to be rebuilt to be sold off. 



I think this particular unit belongs to the owner too.



See how vintage they all look. The meters are still working fine.. & if you look closely, you'll be able to see all major oil brands engraved on the oil cap... cool eh!



The bike (on the last picture above) belonging to this uncle (below) is stripped and being rebuilt. Some parts are sent for the chroming process which ain't back yet and so he's patiently waiting........


0 comments: